“Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer” William S. Burroughs
How to Manifest Your Desires … let the fun begin …
Write down your visualization, write down as much details as you like. Then you can simply open your eyes, re-read your notes while you are visualizing, and gently ease yourself back into that very happy place. How good is that! If you do open your eyes for a few seconds, have a quick read of your notes as this will refocus your mind and take you right back to the picture. Checking where you are actually helps you to stay in the present moment and stop all those busy thoughts.
Start to feel that little excited twitch in your belly that tells you you’re on the right path… Of course, the mere words will be nothing compared to the feelings you generate when you visualise – but you have all this great stuff to come.
- Relax And Breathe: Take a couple of deep breathes, let go of all the tension, and close your eyes. It works even better if you find a quiet spot where nobody will bother you. Pay attention to your body and starting at your feet and working your way up to the top of your head, focus on relaxing each part. I like to think of the colours of my chakras, I find this helps me to remain focused on relaxing.
- Set The Scene: Let’s say you want to play guitar. Start by imagining your guitar, the shape, then the strings, the thickness of each string, until you have a clear and defined picture of your guitar.
- Detailed View: Now imagine yourself coming closer to the guitar, look at your hands and slowly add detail to the picture. Look at how you sit and hold the guitar, try and add as much detail as possible. Picture where you are sitting, is it on a couch, outside, in a forest, by a campfire and now notice the smells around you. What is the temperature, is it summer or winter. What other sounds are around you. Feel, smell and look will help to paint a beautiful bright picture full of colours that pop, it is perfect.
- Feelings: Feel the guitar in your hands, feel each string and also focus on the sound that each string produces. Allow yourself to start strumming a few chords, just as you would do in practice with the same exercises. Imagine yourself playing through the whole set without failing or stopping, just as if you were an expert.
- Wrapping it up: Allow yourself to slowly come back. You completed your practice and the image slowly fades. When you feel ready, open your eyes again. Refer back to your notes as often as you can, this will take you straight back to you scene and the details will come to mind much quicker allowing you to add more and more detail each time you replay your visualization. Happy days!
Keep making movies – keep having fun – keep growing and learning and have fun learning how to manifest your desires